(Lanka-e-News - 22.March.2017, 11.30PM) Cogent evidence which could send elusive ex defense secretary Gotabaya Rajapakse to gallows was revealed in court on the 20 th in connection with the ruthless murder of former Sunday Leader newspaper editor LasanthaWickremetunge based on additional submissions made by the CID to the Mt. Lavinia court on that day.
This damning evidence was based on the revelations made by two witnesses including former army commander Sarath Fonseka . According to this evidence , during the most corrupt and lawless decade when journalists including Lasantha were attacked and murdered under Kapila Gamini Hendavitharne the chief of National Intelligence who was operating jointly with Gotabaya Rajapakse , there was another group , about which even the officer of the forces who was in charge of Colombo operations was unaware.
Information regarding the instruments the murderers wielded , and from which Company the mobile phones used in Lasantha’s murder were purchased were revealed in court on the 20 th , based on details disclosed in the second post mortem report of Lasantha. The name of the Co. is Soft logic which was very closely associated with Gotabaya and became notorious on account of amassing wealth at jet speed under the lawless nefarious regime.
Case No. B 92/09
To Mt. Lavinia magistrate court
In connection with the B report submitted on 2015-03-17 and all the other additional reports forwarded simultaneously , as well as the final report dated 2017-01-16 relating to the murder of Lasantha Wickremetunge …
02) Following further investigations into this crime the statements of the individuals named hereunder were recorded .Based on those statements …..
1. Gardihewa Sarath Chandralal Fonseka (ex Army Commander) - No. 461 / 08 , Pubudhu place , Welipara , Thalawatugoda.
During the time when the crime was committed , he had not probed into the security affairs , and in Colombo that was under the purview of defense secretary Gotabaya Rajapakse and National intelligence chief Kapila Gamini Hendavitharne at that time . He received a lot of information that there was a group operating under Hendavitharne . But he was not aware , while he was the army commander that Hendavitharne had established a Tripoli army intelligence para military team when he was in Tripoli.
02. Ajith Manohara Perera (Retired major General )- 66 , Sri Dhammadisi Mawatha , Asgiriya , Kandy.
He said , during the period when this crime occurred , he was the commanding officer for Colombo operations , and he knew nothing in connection with the crime. Besides , he did not carry out any investigation , and no orders were received from the high ups of the headquarters to inquire into it.
03. In accordance with the court directive issued on the last court date - 2017-01-16 , the court productions were handed over to the government’s examiner of questioned documents under H 744 /2016 on 2017-02-13 , and the relevant memo was forwarded to the honorable court.
04. The report of the chief judicial medical officer Ajith Tennekoon the medical specialist has been received relating to the post mortem examination conducted again after exhuming the body of Late Wickremetunge ,following the order issued by court. We also inform court that this murder has been committed with the use of a powerful instrument and the victim has been attacked more than three times based on the decision of the three member medical board .
05. We inform that the reports of the examiner of questioned documents and CERT Institution to which the court productions were forwarded have not yet been received.
06. The murderers have used SIM cards , and four of the five phones used were those imported by Softlogic communication Pvt. Ltd. , located at De Fonseka Road , Colombo 05 , and sold via three of its branches , it has come to light. Investigations are under way to ascertain who had purchased these four mobile phones ?
07. We therefore request the honorable court to grant us time until the next court date to submit the progress report pertaining to the investigations into the information and the telephone call exchanges unearthed so far.
Investigation officer and OIC
Special Investigation division
Criminal Investigation department.
Mt .Lavinia magistrate Mohomed Nihar following the submission of the B report postponed the case until the 19 th of June
by (2017-03-22 21:27:09)
Leave a Reply
2 discussion on this news
Gotabaya and gamini hendavitharene must be executed in same way how they executed Lasantha and Thjudeen
Gota baya;s and Gamini Henedevitharen;s head must be pieced by the samre sper that they were killed
must be done inside the public Domain ,these Fuckers must face the death penalty
Ranil and Sirisena must not intervene
-- by surath on 2017-03-23
He and his gang deserves more than the gallows... Please provide the list and addresses of his immediate family members so they could also be abducted and eliminated just as they did to their innocent victims . There is no place in hell for these criminals.
-- by Supun on 2017-03-24